Monday, February 16, 2009

Or am I? . . .

First, some background info. A UW student has put together a service called One Bus Away (http://onebusaway.org/), which interfaces with the city bus information system to let you call, send a text message, or check the web site to find out how many minutes early or late your bus is going to be. It's really handy, and I use it pretty much every time I catch the bus, now that we have unlimited text messaging. (Thanks, Mom and Dad!)

So I was waiting for the bus this afternoon and had already found out that the bus was going to be 10 minutes late. A fellow at the stop asked me and another person if we were both waiting for the 75--he wanted to make sure he hadn't missed it. I told him that the bus was going to be about another 6 minutes. He nodded, then seemed to realize that that was rather specific information I had, and asked me how I knew.

I should have told him I was psychic.

By the way, the punctuation in the title for this post is the "correct" way to use a question mark with an ellipsis.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

You totally should have pretended to be psychic!

Matt said...

But what would I have done if he wanted to test my psychic-ness? I don't know how long I could carry on the charade. Do you think he would have bought it if I had said that my psychic abilities are limited to my being aware of the movement of local mass transit?